Sunday, September 11, 2011

a visitor and other living things

Today, we are celebrating all living things. Check out this visitor that we were lucky to observe. 







We saw this beetle (below) at the zoo, in an insect display. As a little girl, I used to catch spiders with my bare hands, put them in jars with a rubbing alcohol-soaked cotton ball. Once dead but still structurally perfect, I pinned each spider to a cork board for display. 

More than 20 years later, I would not pick up a spider with my bare hands and this vexes me. Why does this happen? Where does the fear come from and when does it grab hold of us? 

We should try--each day--to fight off these changes...the changes that make us adults. 




W O W





2 comments:

  1. molly - great shots. he looks like he is dancing - and I love it when he springs up onto the branch! xoxox

    ReplyDelete