Friday, August 19, 2011

Birds, American Public Media, and feeling at home



This morning I saw a Baltimore Oriole and felt at home.  Not because these birds are Maine birds -- because they are certainly not -- but because hobbies make us feel grounded.  Birding does this for me.  No matter where I am, there is a bird, flying, pooping, and being.  Makes me feel good. 

The other thing that makes me feel grounded is listening to Garrison Keillor. Anytime, anywhere, there he is... thanks to American Public Media and NPR. 

2 comments:

  1. Just got home from garrison here in P town
    Summer love tour
    National treasure for sure
    Love love your blog!!
    Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. All i need sometimes to feel at peace in the evening is garrison. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete