Thursday, August 18, 2011

The New Cool


We are all finding ways to be cool when our ocean is nearly 2,000 miles away.  As you can see, Cooper's "new cool" is to lie in his plastic pool.  Mine is to drape a wet washcloth around my neck, sit in the shade, and sip white wine with ice cubes.

This morning I went out to Pioneers Park Nature Center and weeded the herb garden. It was a peaceful morning, but I'll tell you something -- it is humid here!  I was deadheading the tops of basil while beads of sweat from my forehead fell and soaked into the mulch under my knees.  I felt at peace for a few hours--out there in the woods--with my hands in sage, marjoram, sweet basil, and thyme. I got home this afternoon and the scents from the garden were all over my body.  The dog couldn't stop licking my feet and calves. 




1 comment: